Thursday 13 November 2008

Beyond the Sahara



With the Sahara behind us we are now enjoying the lush deltas and beaches of Senegal. There are of course the cities and the magical St Louis captivated us for a couple of days. It was here we heard of the death of Miriam Makeba - one of South Africa's finest singers - and were very moved by the affection of the Senegalese towards her.
Our plans to drive inland to the Nikiolo Kobo National Park changed when we bottled out of the necessary 8 hours of continuous pot-holes! Instead we're relaxing in the beautiful village of Toubakouta, 40km from the Gambian border. I expect we'll cross tomorrow........

3 comments:

Nights said...

Its A rainy cold night in Birmingham. I am so jealous, you will never believe me!

Marc Mackay said...

Well it looks beautiful and sunny, bright and warm with you two. Not so much here, as I look out of the sitting room window I see heavy drizzle and lots of gloom. And I am unemployed, eek!! Miss you be safe xx

Marc Mackay said...

Laura wrote the above comment not Mackay..................